Full time, Fixed term contract
- Help coordinate the smooth running of the Biggin Hill base which includes dealings with bookings, queries and the actual flights when they arrive and depart.
- Be the face of the business providing world class service to our customers whilst ensuring a smooth transition from the start to finish of our customers journey and flights with Signature Flight Support.
- Assist the day to day operations of the base, provide exceptional customer service to all passengers, visitors and crew in line with the Signature Service Programme.
- Carry out ramp services as required for the operation, providing assistance to crews and liase with ground handling services where necessary as directed by the customer and General Manager.
- Carry out quality checks, bulking of fuel vehicle with Jet A1 at fuel yard and delivery of Jet A1/Avgas fuel to Customers’ Aircraft.
- Liaise with customers and provide information relevant to flight requirements.
- Ensure that we adhere and comply with all requirements/guidelines/passport, customs, and immigration formalities set by the airport authority, UK Border Force and Special Branch.
- Be fully converse with the CFMU, Signet and SHEEBA systems.
- Raise and process invoices and assist customers and suppliers with their invoicing queries and pro-actively look to cross check invoices to ensure accurate billing.
- Guarantee the correct level of supplies such as tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits within VIP lounge areas are upheld and ensure the highest level of cleanliness and presentation of all VIP areas.
Health, Safety and Security
- Responsibility for taking an active role in learning the duties, tasks and procedures required to perform your job in the safest, most professional manner.
- Responsibility for performing your job in the safest manner to avoid or minimise the possibility of, injury to self or others, damage to property or equipment, and harm to the environment. Knowing, recognising, and respecting your personal limitations.
- Requirement to report all injuries or incidents including near misses, spills, to a Supervisor or Manager immediately. All team members involved in or witness to an incident will provide information to the supervisor conducting the investigation.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with each HS&E policy applicable to your work environment.
The above list is not exhaustive and team members may, at any time, be required to complete other duties reasonably expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work accurately under pressure in an operational environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT Literate and proficiency in using Microsoft Office programmes – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Additional languages are desirable
- Valid and clean driving licence
Leadership competencies are leadership skills and behaviours that contribute to strong performance, represent the common and characteristics of all successful leaders and are required for success. Using a competency-based approach to leadership allows us to better identify and develop current and future leaders. Signature Aviation’s Leadership Competencies are:
- Business Insight
- Communicating Effectively
- Continual Learner
- Decision Making
- Develops Talent
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Inspirational Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
Please note that should you have already applied for a position within the last 6 months at BQH, you are asked to not apply again within this timeframe due to your application having only recently been reviewed.