Customer Support Assistant
Signature TECHNICAir Bournemouth Airport, Permanent
Full time 46 hours, on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
Closing date for applications is 3rd December 2021
Summary of Role
Reporting directly to the Planning and Customer Support Supervisor, the Customer Support Assistant is responsible for assisting with customer reports and communications, assisting the Planning and Support Customer Engineers with all daily duties, and providing support to Technical Services Administrators when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Customer representatives throughout the maintenance input, advising on, and working through any potential issues that may impact on delivery dates.
- Prepare, update, and send daily status reports on progress and costs of ongoing maintenance events.
- Assist with and update pre-purchase reports and estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of invoices in conjunction with the finance team and Operations Director.
- Participate in the various meetings of the engineering department.
- Prepare and send customer quotations.
- Liaise with Customer, Sales, Operations Director and Base Maintenance Manager regarding hangar slot availability for maintenance inputs.
- Create and send work orders to customers.
- Liaise with Tech Services regarding work pack requests and revisions to scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance events.
- Enter and make changes to the manhour loading plan to reflect actual and provisional booking status.
- Use aircraft maintenance program (CAFAM) to input work scopes and produce reports as required.
- Enter timesheets on aircraft maintenance program (CAFAM) system when required.
- Assist Planning and Customer Support Engineers with all duties when required.
- Assist Technical Services Administrators with all duties when required.
- Provide assistance to visiting aircraft crew/customers, hotel and taxi bookings, ordering fuel for departure, upkeep of crew lounge.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and being able to demonstrate this is essential
- Experience within aviation, specifically a Business Jet maintenance environment is desirable
- Knowledge of aviation maintenance programs desirable (CAFAM)
- Confident with numbers and data input, with an eye for detail
- Able to plan and prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail and able to follow instructions accurately through to task completion.
- Able to demonstrate due diligence and highest level of integrity
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to effectively demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Willing and able to collaborate as a team
- Proficient with MS Office